The Inter·GLAM project co-produced track of the Lisbon Addictions 2022 conference, 'Global perspectives on addictions and drug markets' will highlight human stories focusing on local and community actions, and under -resourced and -represented settings and stakeholders, through short communications, roundtables and debates, videos and other formats.
The Inter·GLAM Track themes
Five sub-topics or strands run through the track:
- Global issues: how are social demographic, information technology, political, environmental and other global challenges impacting on drug use, drug problems and the drug market?
- New market challenges: market flows, novel and new psychoactive substances and medicinal products
- Drug use, lifestyles and settings
- Recognising global diversity in public health responses; putting evidence into practice in different cultures and settings
- Impact of the global public health crisis in the addictions field
The Inter·GLAM Cinema and video competition
Within the frame of the collaboration with LxAddictions22, Inter-GLAM is organising a video contest for audiovisual pieces relating to any of the main areas/ thematic tracks of the conference. A selection of videos competing for the prizes will be shown at the conference in the Inter-GLAM Cinema.
Two types of videos are encouraged for submission:
- Category 1 : creatively showcasing an innovative scientific, technical, or civil society activity
- Category 2 : to communicate and bring visibility to stories of impactful and insightful lived experience
The submission process for the video competition is now closed, but look out for the Inter·GLAM Cinema at the Lisbon Addictions 2022 Conference (23-25 Nov 2022)
Overview of the Inter·GLAM track
The complete I·G conference track overview, with details of all sessions, speakers and activities, will be available on the Lisbon Addictions 2022 website: https://www.lisbonaddictions.eu/lisbon-addictions-2022/tracks/global-perspectives-addictions-and-drug-markets